Hawaiian Airlines presents: How to Cook Like a Local: Kim Chee Portuguese Bean Soup
1 lb. Corned Beef cut into cubes
1/2 lb. Ham Hock, smoked
2 qts Water
1 lb. Portuguese Sausage, sliced
3 cups White Onion, medium diced
2 cups Carrot, sliced
1 can Canned Tomatoes
1/2 cup Tomato Paste
1 can Canned Kidney Beans
1 bottle Kim Chee
1 box Macaroni Pasta
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1. In large pot, brown corned beef.
2. Add onions, carrots, and garlic.
3. Add water and bring to boil.
4. Add ham hock. Simmer for 1 hour.
5. Add canned tomatoes, beans, tomato paste. Simmer for 1 hour.
6. Add macaroni and kim chee. Simmer for about 20 minutes.